Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Equity Residential ( EQR) pushed the Real Estate industry lower today making it today's featured Real Estate laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Equity Residential fell 95 cents (-1.7%) to $55.04 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3.4 million shares of Equity Residential exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of two million shares. The stock ranged in price between $55.02-$56.18 after having opened the day at $56 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $55.99. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that declined today were: Impac Mortgage Holdings ( IMH), down 25.5%, InnSuites Hospitality ( IHT), down 5%, American Realty Capital Properties ( ARCP), down 4.8%, and BRT Realty ( BRT), down 4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Equity Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.