- System-wide comparable store sales for the fourth quarter increased 1.4%, the seventh consecutive quarter of positive trends. For the year, system-wide comparable store sales increased 1.0%.
- Total revenues decreased $4.5 million, or 3.9%, to $110.6 million from $115.1 million reflecting the impact of the additional revenues from the 14 th week in the fourth quarter of 2011. Total revenues for the year increased $3.4 million, or 0.8%, to a record $427.0 million from $423.6 million.
- Excluding the extra week in fiscal 2011, total revenues increased 2.6% in 2012 for the fourth quarter and for the year, with revenue growth offset by the closure of the Company’s commissaries.
- For the year, adjusted EBITDA increased $5.2 million, or 11.7%, to a record $49.7 million from $44.5 million. (*)
- Cash flow from operations for the year increased 24.0% to a record $48.5 million from $39.1 million.
- Net income for the fourth quarter was $3.2 million, or $0.18 per diluted share. For the year, net income was $12.7 million, or $0.74 per diluted share compared to net income of $13.2 million, or $0.78 per diluted share.
- For the year, adjusted net income increased $3.3 million, or 25.2%, to $16.4 million, or $0.95 adjusted earnings per diluted share, compared to adjusted net income of $13.1 million, or $0.78 adjusted earnings per diluted share, on a comparable 52-week basis. (*)
- The Company paid a total of $76.6 million in a one-time special and regular quarterly dividends.
Einstein Noah Restaurant Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: BAGL), a leader in the quick-casual segment of the restaurant industry operating under the Einstein Bros.® Bagels, Noah's New York Bagels®, and Manhattan Bagel® brands, today reported financial results for the 13-week fourth quarter and 52-week fiscal year ended January 1, 2013. The fourth quarter and fiscal year in 2011 were 14 weeks and 53 weeks, respectively. Highlights for the 13-Week Fourth Quarter 2012 Compared to the 14-Week Fourth Quarter 2011; and for the 52-Week Fiscal 2012 Compared to the 53-Week Fiscal 2011: