- Net course registrations increased to approximately 105,300 in the fourth quarter of 2012, a year-over-year increase of 10%.
- Net course registrations by new students in the fourth quarter of 2012 were approximately 22,600, a decrease of approximately 8% over the same period of 2011.
- Fourth quarter 2012 revenues increased 14% to $86.0 million, compared to $75.7 million in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Income from operations before interest income and income taxes in the fourth quarter of 2012 increased 8% to $21.4 million, compared to $19.8 million in the same period of 2011.
- Net income for the fourth quarter of 2012 was $13.2 million, or $0.74 per diluted share, compared to $13.0 million, or $0.71 per diluted share, in the same period of 2011.
- American Public University System received approval from The Higher Learning Commission to offer a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering.
American Public Education, Inc. (NASDAQ: APEI) – parent company of online learning provider American Public University System (APUS), which operates through American Military University (AMU) and American Public University (APU) – announced financial results for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2012. Recent Highlights: