Companies who are mobile-optimized have a distinct advantage. Of companies who have mobile-optimized career sites, one-in-five said more than 20 percent of their applications come through mobile devices. 5 Nearly one-in-ten said mobile accounts for at least half of their applications. 6Knowing the frustrations mobile job seekers often face, CareerBuilder recently enhanced its mobile apply process for all U.S. clients so the vast majority of its jobs are mobile-optimized. Since the launch of new mobile apply features, mobile applications on CareerBuilder increased by 50 percent. Mobile-friendly features include:
- Apply to jobs via your phone using either the CareerBuilder app or the Web.
- Instantly sign in, so you don't have to re-enter your information each time you search.
- Choose an option to only see jobs that you can apply to using your phone.
- See "Mobile" designation next to job postings, making it easier to identify mobile-apply enabled jobs.
- Instantly apply with a resume already saved in the CareerBuilder database.
- Choose the "apply without a resume" option for those who aren't a CareerBuilder user or don't have an applicable resume. This leads you to a brief form with questions about your background and experience, which takes around one minute to complete. You also can save your information, so you don't have to fill it out again for any future mobile applies on CareerBuilder.
- Email jobs to yourself to follow up later.