Apprenda, the leader in enterprise private platform-as-a-service, today announced JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations worldwide, has selected Apprenda’s platform to develop, deliver and manage its portfolio of internal applications, custom-built in .NET and Java. This significant deal is the largest private PaaS implementation to date, setting a benchmark for how enterprises modernize and deliver data-sensitive private cloud applications. JPMorgan Chase chose Apprenda’s best of breed private PaaS as a way to reduce costs, achieve faster time to market for applications and standardize and modernize their application architectures. “JPMorgan Chase needed an enterprise grade private cloud solution to accelerate our time to market for applications, improve our infrastructure efficiency and increase our developer productivity,” said JPMorgan Chase Chief Information Officer Guy Chiarello. “We are pleased with our selection of Apprenda’s product suite and look forward to realizing benefits across our global portfolio.” Today, Apprenda is powering JPMC’s internal applications vital to supporting the firm’s financial product offerings. Apprenda is deployed at a number of production sites globally and across growing server clusters already totaling several terabytes of memory. More than 430 development teams are using the platform for its 2000 .NET and Java applications, which are now running live. Apprenda’s enterprise grade platform, plugged into JPMC’s existing IT infrastructure, modernized it as a way to catapult the firm’s next generation internal private cloud for both their .NET and Java applications. JPMC benefits in the following ways from leveraging Apprenda:
- Enterprise Grade – JPMC’s private cloud PaaS operates at scale for thousands of applications and provides guaranteed availability and global failover—integrating seamlessly with existing IT investments.
- “Just Bring Your App” PaaS – removed the friction between developers and IT through single-click application deployment and isolated developers and their applications from the infrastructure.
- Unprecedented Time to Market – application deployment was reduced from many weeks to fewer than five minutes per application.
- Fine Cost Control – created a way to allocate and assign surface resources to developers on an internal “pay as you go” model to keep costs in check and maximize utilization.
- Standardization of Productivity and Architecture Patterns – achieved an unprecedented ability to write hundreds of new custom applications per year that would leverage the platform and support common application management, in addition to offering platform services such as messaging and caching and cloud architecture patterns.
About JPMorgan Chase & Co.JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.