athenahealth, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATHN), a leading provider of cloud-based electronic health record ( EHR), practice management, and care coordination services to medical groups and health systems, next week heads to HIMSS13, the largest annual health care IT and management conference, being held in New Orleans, March 3-7. Owning space at booth #7229, athenahealth, ranked this month by Fast Company as #8 on the World’s Most Innovative Health Care Companies list, will insert itself on topics associated with Meaningful Use, interoperability, analytics, population health management, ICD-10, and more. Committed to helping providers thrive in the face of industry change and pressure, athenahealth will issue news leading up to and from HIMSS13, including unveiling a new cloud-based service and rallying other HIT vendors and the industry for ongoing disruption and improvement. “We’re looking forward to another turn at HIMSS, because we love technology, but only if it’s moving quickly past staid, broken processes in health care. Our mission at athenahealth is to be caregivers’ most trusted service, helping them do well by doing the right thing, and we don’t get paid unless our clients do—period,” said Jonathan Bush, Chairman and CEO of athenahealth. “Because we have skin in the game, we aim to deliver services that are future-proof. In other words, our services scale based on need, can be managed without heavy IT support and cost, and most importantly, are flexible to adjust to new challenges ensuring they improve with time and will not become obsolete.” Below is an itinerary of athenahealth speaking engagements at HIMSS13. All times are in Central Time. KEY PRESENTATIONS:
- Monday, 3/4 at 3:00 pm: Doran Robinson, VP of health care transactions at athenahealth, will present “ How the Cloud Enables Interoperability” as part of the Interoperability Showcase.
- Tuesday, 3/5 at 10:30 am: Jonathan Bush, CEO of athenahealth, and Matt Long, Director of Innovation and Operations, Regional Health Physicians, will present “ Meaningful Use Can Be Easy” in a Q&A style session as part of Meaningful Use Experience, MU9.
Not able to make every event? Follow all the #HIMSS13 action online:
- Tweet: @athenahealth will be live-tweeting from #HIMSS13 speaking sessions, keynotes, and networking events. @ Jonathan_Bush is likely to fire out a few memorable tweets, too.
- Like: We will be posting photos from HIMSS13 and the HISTalk HISSies to the athenahealth Facebook page.
- Share: Check our Company page for hot job opportunities and information on where to find athenahealth recruiters at the show.