“Polycom VVX Business Media Phones have collaboration features that traditional phone systems cannot match, giving us the communication power we need at a price we can afford,” said Peter Nowak, President, Design Electric, a full-service electrical contractor specializing in commercial, industrial and residential buildings. “We experience superior voice quality with Polycom audio solutions, which are hosted for us by Megapath, one of the leading providers of hosted voice services.”The new Polycom VVX 300 is a powerful entry-level business media phone with 6 programmable line keys, ideal for today’s cubicle workers that handle a low-to-moderate volume of calls. The Polycom VVX 400 is a mid-range business media phone with 12 programmable line keys and a larger color screen for ease of use and enhanced call-handling for knowledge workers and administrative assistants. Both solutions deliver benefits including:
- Ease of Use – The elegant, modern design includes features such as large screens with an intuitive user interface and programmable line keys that make it easy to manage calls and contacts. With access to common workplace applications, users can view and manage their calendars, receive meeting reminders and alerts, and search the corporate directory.
- Ease of Installation and Setup – Reducing total cost of ownership, organizations can deploy Polycom VVX phones on their existing networks with open SIP-based call control platforms. With Polycom’s zero-touch provisioning and Web-based configuration tool, the VVX Business Media Phones are simple and inexpensive to administer, upgrade and maintain.
- Easy integration with third-party applications – Through a built-in Web browser, users can easily receive information such as weather, sports and stocks. Using the provided open APIs, developers can integrate the Polycom VVX solutions with other business and UC&C applications.
- The Polycom VVX Color Expansion Module is available in high-resolution LCD. Each module has 3 pages of line keys, with each page supporting 28 illuminated bi-color programmable line keys.
- The Polycom VVX Expansion Module features 40 programmable line keys.
Additional options include the Polycom® VVX® 310 and Polycom® VVX® 410 Business Media Phones, which offer gigabit Ethernet connections.Availability The Polycom VVX 300, VVX310, VVX400, VVX 410, Polycom VVX Expansion Module and Polycom VVX Color Expansion Module will be available in select countries worldwide in April. The Polycom VVX 300 will be available at US$179, Polycom VVX 310 at $US219, Polycom VVX 400 at US$259, Polycom VVX 410 at US$299, Polycom VVX Expansion Module at US$105, and Polycom VVX Color Expansion Module at US$225. Demonstrations Polycom will be demonstrating Polycom VVX Business Media Phones in the NETXUSA Inc. booth #6005 at the Channel Partners Conference & Expo from February 27-March 1, 2013, in Las Vegas, Nev. About Polycom Polycom is the global leader in open, standards-based unified communications and collaboration (UC&C) solutions for voice and video collaboration, trusted by more than 415,000 customers around the world. Polycom solutions are powered by the Polycom ® RealPresence ® Platform, comprehensive software infrastructure and rich APIs that interoperate with the broadest set of communication, business, mobile and cloud applications and devices to deliver secure face-to-face video collaboration in any environment. Polycom and its ecosystem of over 7,000 partners provide truly unified communications solutions that deliver the best user experience, highest multi-vendor interoperability, and lowest TCO. Visit www.polycom.com or connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to learn how we’re pushing the greatness of human collaboration forward. NOTE: The product plans, specifications, and descriptions herein are provided for information only and subject to change without notice, and are provided without warranty of any kind, express or implied. Polycom reserves the right to modify future product plans at any time. Products and related specifications referenced herein are not guaranteed and will be delivered on a when and if available basis.
© 2013 Polycom, Inc. All rights reserved. POLYCOM®, the Polycom logo, and the names and marks associated with Polycom’s products are trademarks and/or service marks of Polycom, Inc. and are registered and/or common law marks in the United States and various other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.