- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- RVBD's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 14.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for RIVERBED TECHNOLOGY INC is currently very high, coming in at 80.60%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, RVBD's net profit margin of 2.01% significantly trails the industry average.
- RVBD's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.64 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that RVBD's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.66 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 42.85%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 75.00% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Although its share price is down sharply from a year ago, do not assume that it can now be tagged as cheap and attractive. The reality is that, based on its current price in relation to its earnings, RVBD is still more expensive than most of the other companies in its industry.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $53.95 million or 12.44% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE.