- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- GES's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.01 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, GES has a quick ratio of 1.58, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- 40.00% is the gross profit margin for GUESS INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of GES's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, GES's net profit margin of 6.13% compares favorably to the industry average.
- GES, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 22.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.9%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, GUESS INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE.