Analog Devices, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADI), a global leader in high-performance signal processing technology, and Bourns, Inc., a leading manufacturer and supplier of electronic components, today introduced the industry’s first certified RS-485 evaluation board for protecting against EMC (electro-magnetic compatibility) events in industrial and instrumentation equipment. Available through both companies, the EVAL-CN0313-SDPZ board incorporates ADI’s ADM3485E, 3.3-V RS-485 transceiver and various circuit protection devices from Bourns and meets IEC61000-4-2/4/5 ESD (electro-static discharge), EFT (electronically-fast transients), and power-surge specifications. The board is offered as part of ADI’s Circuits from the Lab™ reference circuits library and includes circuit notes, test data and results to help engineers reduce design risk in applications such as motor controls, grid tied inverters, and programmable-logic controllers. The board is available from all authorized distributors of ADI and select authorized distributors of Bourns.
About Analog Devices Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index. http://www.analog.com To subscribe to ADI’s News Feed: http://www.analog.com/en/homepage/news.html Follow ADI on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ADI_News Subscribe to Analog Dialogue, ADI’s monthly technical journal: http://www.analog.com/library/analogDialogue/ About Bourns Bourns, Inc. is a leading manufacturer and supplier of automotive sensors, circuit protection solutions, magnetic products, microelectronic modules, trimming and precision potentiometers, panel controls and encoders and resistive products. Headquartered in Riverside, CA, Bourns serves a broad range of markets, including telecommunications, computer, industrial, instrumentation, automotive, consumer, non-critical life support medical, audio and various other market segments. Bourns products are manufactured according to ISO-9000 standards under Six Sigma quality programs. Bourns automotive products are manufactured in accordance with the TS16949 standard. Additional company and product information is available at the company’s website at http://www.bourns.com.
- View the EVAL-CN0313-SDPZ evaluation board page and place orders: http://www.analog.com/RS485emc
- View the detailed product video: www.analog.com/RS485emc
- Register to watch a March 27 th Webcast co-sponsored by Premier Farnell plc: http://www.analog.com/RS485EMC-Webcast
- Get support at ADI’s EngineerZone™ online technical support community: http://ez.analog.com/community/interface-isolation
- Certified to protect ADI’s ADM3485E, 3.3-V RS-485 transceiver for:
- 6-kV, 4-kV and 1-kV surge (IEC61000-4-5)
- 2-kV EFT and 8-kV contact (IEC61000-4-4)
- 15-kV air-discharge ESD (IEC61000-4-2)
- The ezLINX™ iCoupler ® Isolated Interface Development Environment: http://www.analog.com/en/evaluation/eval-ezlinx/eb.html
|Pricing and Availability|
|Product||Sample Availability||Production Release||MSRP|
|EVAL-CN0313-SDPZ||Now||Now||78.00 US Dollars|