"In today's hyper-connected world, massive amounts of data enter and leave enterprises at lightning speed," said Prakash Nagpal, senior vice president of product management and marketing, Narus. "Narus' leading big data cyber analytics solutions running on Teradata delivers the technology needed to implement cyber security strategies to address the threats of tomorrow."Today's announcement was made at the RSA Conference, the world's leading information security conference and exposition, where Teradata and Narus are available for meetings in booth #1841. Relevant News Links
- Check out this new Cyber Security Report : "Big Data Analytics in Cyber Defense" by the Ponemon Institute.
- See the new Teradata cyber security Infographic: An Overview of Cyber Defense .
- Teradata UDA Point of View paper: "Data, when exploited, is an effective weapon in combatting cyber security threats."
- Teradata Again Named a Leader in the Latest Gartner Data Warehouse Database Management Systems Magic Quadrant - 2/5/2013
- 1 DDOS, or Distributed Denial of Service, is an attack where multiple compromised systems can be infected with a Trojan.
- 2 The Domain Name System (DNS) translates Internet domain and host names to IP addresses. DNS enumeration is the process of locating all the DNS servers and their corresponding records for an organization. Records can can yield information such as usernames, computer names, and IP addresses of potential target systems.
- 3 Botnets are automated software programs that perform tasks on a network with some degree of autonomy