- McAfee Network Security Platform - Adds new “signature-less” threat detection and prevention technologies, strong botnet prevention, deep file analysis, and a powerful anti-malware engine capable of detecting advanced malware across a full range of protocols and file types. It also adds intelligent alert prioritization to automatically prioritize network events and improve integration with McAfee ePO and McAfee Enterprise Security Manager, making use of real-time information so operators have the full context of an attack, at the precise time of the attack.
- McAfee Web Protection –– Now expands emulation capabilities to identify advanced malware that dynamically changes in the browser in an attempt to avoid detection. It also adds a new outbound detection technique that reveals bot infections attempting to receive additional malicious code. Expanded reporting capabilities include actionable reporting to help reduce attack vulnerability by simplifying the blacklisting process across McAfee ePO-connected products.
- McAfee Email Protection - Can be deployed on-premise, in the cloud, and now as an integrated combination of both with a single pane of glass architecture, reducing cost and increasing efficiency while blocking malware away from the network. Also adds graymail filtering to improve employee productivity.
- McAfee Enterprise Security Manager – Active integration with ePolicy Orchestrator, Network Security Platform and McAfee Vulnerability Manager automates quarantine, scan, and policy command execution – turning actionable intelligence into intelligent action.
- McAfee Real Time for ePO – Announced earlier this month, this new product enables security decisions based on “what is” versus “what was” by querying and identifying every compromised endpoint in an organization in seconds in order to remediate those endpoints. It dramatically increases situational awareness and reduces exposure, risk, and cost of security.
- McAfee Deep Defender – Provides protection against master boot record (MBR) rootkits. Any driver attempting to write or read a MBR is now monitored through Deep Defender, which operates beyond the OS and is enabled by hardware-enhanced security with Intel. It prevents MBR rootkits from modifying the MBR in real-time.
McAfee’s comprehensive malware protection is based on the McAfee Security Connected platform, which helps customers improve security posture, optimize security for greater cost effectiveness, and align security strategically with business initiatives. McAfee is taking an orchestrated approach to protect against malware by intelligently applying the best technologies at the right time and in the right place to thoroughly analyze and respond to suspicious files, web sites, email messages, and networks. Best-of-breed approaches and competitive solutions either create security loopholes or cause unnecessary business delays.“McAfee has been investing in technology to help our customers protect against malware for 20 years,” said Pat Calhoun, senior vice president and general manager of network security at McAfee. “We are now extending our lead in malware protection by continuing to invest in new products and product enhancements. Point products can’t provide adequate protection against these advanced attacks, which is why McAfee is delivering an integrated, multi layered, managed solution that provides comprehensive malware protection across endpoints and networks.” For more information visit www.mcafee.com/cmp. About McAfee McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), empowers businesses, the public sector, and home users to safely experience the benefits of the Internet. The company delivers proactive and proven security solutions and services for systems, networks, and mobile devices around the world. With its Security Connected strategy, innovative approach to hardware-enhanced security, and unique Global Threat Intelligence network, McAfee is relentlessly focused on keeping its customers safe. http://www.mcafee.com Note: McAfee is a trademark or registered trademark of McAfee, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others. The information contained in this document is for informational purposes only and should not be deemed an offer by McAfee or create an obligation on McAfee. McAfee reserves the right to discontinue products at any time, add or subtract features or functionality, or modify its products, at its sole discretion, without notice and without incurring further obligations.
1 McAfee Labs, Q4 2012 Threat Report