- Ixia optimizes network performance by putting all LTE-enabled network devices through a battery of tests specifically designed to comprehensively evaluate performance and scalability.
- This delivers a repeatable, large-scale validation approach that not only mirrors real-world environments to ensure network resiliency but is also virtually impossible to create by any other means.
- Using Ixia solutions enables both network equipment vendors and carriers to address many challenges unique to LTE networks’ signaling infrastructure, including:
- Baselining of performance in the lab under a wide variety of real-world and extreme conditions.
- Supporting a change system control process by quickly evaluating network changes before live deployments.
- Going beyond product data sheets to understand the true capabilities of any mobile infrastructure device including Home Subscriber Systems, Policy Servers, Billing Systems, Diameter Routing Agents, and Mobility Management Entities.
- Testing virtually any mobile core device with support for nearly three dozen Diameter-based interfaces.
Ixia (Nasdaq: XXIA) hardens the core of LTE networks, with the IxLoad solution, to provide greater insight and visibility into the performance of rapidly growing LTE networks. Driven by an increase in subscribers and the use of media-rich applications as well as new approaches to service monetization, the scalability and intelligence of the mobile core is now more critical than ever. The Ixia IxLoad solution eliminates the guesswork of network performance and delivers predictability and actionable insight to mobile carriers. The growth of smartphone use and the support of differentiated services, such as high-quality video, also mean a growth of difficult-to-predict signaling traffic. Signaling traffic involves the underlying communications that enable user authentication, mobility, monetization, billing, policy management and Quality of Service mechanisms. Signaling traffic can overwhelm networks and cause detrimental outages, and in fact, smartphones generate as much as twenty times more signaling traffic compared to existing feature phones. Most network failures occur from the failure of critical signaling infrastructure nodes, and carriers need to have a way to ensure LTE networks are resilient and scalable. Product highlights Mobile carriers must be proactive in maintaining and safeguarding their network infrastructure, especially as costly network issues and outages occur under extreme scale. The Ixia Ixload solution enables mobile carriers to circumvent these expensive outages by cost-effectively prototyping a real-world network in the lab.