Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Masco Corporation ( MAS) pushed the Materials & Construction industry lower today making it today's featured Materials & Construction laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.7%. By the end of trading, Masco Corporation fell 91 cents (-4.8%) to $18.01 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5.8 million shares of Masco Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.6 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $17.98-$19.18 after having opened the day at $18.94 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.92. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that declined today were: India Globalization Capital ( IGC), down 9.3%, Real Goods Solar ( RSOL), down 7.3%, China Advanced Construction Materials Group ( CADC), down 6%, and Louisiana-Pacific ( LPX), down 5.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Masco Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.