REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Feb. 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number oneindependent provider of dataintegration software, and Teradata (NYSE:TDC), the analyticdata solutions company, today announced that the InformaticaPlatform is now part of the Teradata Unified Data Architecture™(UDA), delivering "map once, deploy anywhere" data integrationoptimization across Teradata Data Warehouse, Teradata Aster andHadoop, based on cost and performance. The combination of the Informatica Platform and Teradata UDAallows organizations to use the Informatica Virtual Data Machine tomap data integration processes once, and then deploy them to run onworkload-specific platforms within the Teradata UDA to power manytype of analytics - all within a single data architecture. Thesolution provides customers the ability to:
- Minimize the cost and risk of moving to big data -Projects can be staffed with readily available data integrationdevelopers certified on Informatica, removing the need to find ortrain scarce and expensive Hadoop specialists.
- Align the right platform to the right job- Forexample, Teradata for data warehousing, Teradata Aster for datadiscovery and Hortonworks Data Platform for capturing and refiningbigdata.
- Increase developer productivity by up to 500 percent -Visual no-code Informatica development eliminates time-intensivehand-coding and its associated costs.
In addition to providing the reference architecture for usingthe Informatica Platform within Teradata UDA, Teradata andInformatica offer professional services for data integration optimizationassessment and implementation.Map Once, Deploy Anywhere - IncludingHadoop With Informatica as a key component of Teradata UDA, customerscan use the same no-code development environment when designingdata integration for Hadoop as they do for data warehousing anddiscovery platforms, leveraging existing data integrationdevelopers without hiring specialized skill sets which areexpensive and hard to find. The Informatica Virtual Data Machine, acomponent of the Informatica Platform, allows users to build asingle set of graphical data integration mappings for deployment ona wide variety of platforms, including Hadoop, data warehouse anddiscovery platform appliances such as Teradata Data Warehouse,Teradata Aster and standalone extract, transform and load (ETL)infrastructure. "Roughly 80% of the effort in developing bid data analytics iswith the integration, transformation and cleansing of data inpreparation for the actual analysis. With the Informatica VirtualData Machine, tens of thousands of certified Informatica PowerCenter developers around the world can nowinstantly be Hadoop data integration developers, reducing the needto hire as many Hadoop experts," said Todd Goldman, vice presidentand general manager, Core Technologies, Informatica. "Combined withcodeless Informatica development, our customers can cut Hadoop dataintegration development costs in half while increasing developmentproductivity by as much as 500 percent. As a result, the alreadytremendous value of Teradata UDA is extended even further, makingit an affordable, enterprise-ready and low risk on-ramp to big dataanalytics." Data Integration for All Types of Analytics The Informatica Platform enhances many types of analytics in aTeradata UDA environment. This is accomplished through:
- Near universal data access- Including access to andrapid onboarding of relational, enterprise application, legacymainframe, sensor device, social media, web logs and othermulti-structured data (structured, unstructured orsemi-structured).
- Data integration optimized for Teradata UDA- A singledata integration platform to run end-to-end data flow pipelines onthe Teradata UDA, including native runtime execution on Hadoop andhigh-speed data ingestion and pushdown optimization to Teradataintegrated data warehouse platforms.
- Comprehensive libraries of data integration assets-Including hundreds of pre-built ETL transformations, data qualityrules and complex data parsing and data profiling directly onHadoop to reduce development efforts, increase their quality andensure user trust in insights derived from big dataprocessing.
- Enterprise-ready instant deployment for big dataanalytics - Including enterprise-level data security andprivacy capabilities, unified system administration using TeradataViewpoint, mission-critical high-availability and scalablehigh-performance data integration across the Teradata UDA.
Note: Informatica, PowerCenter, Informatica Virtual DataMachine and Informatica Platform are trademarks orregistered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the UnitedStates and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other companyand product names may be trade names or trademarks of theirrespective owners.
CONTACT: Shira Frantzich Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 5674 firstname.lastname@example.org Deborah Wiltshire Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 5360 mobile/+1 650 862 8186 email@example.com