- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 6.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 49.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- HLX's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.72 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, HLX's share price has jumped by 27.48%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, however, we cannot assume that the stock's past performance is going to drive future results. Quite to the contrary, its sharp appreciation over the last year is one of the factors that should prompt investors to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, HELIX ENERGY SOLUTIONS GROUP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for HELIX ENERGY SOLUTIONS GROUP is rather low; currently it is at 24.30%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -85.05% is significantly below that of the industry average.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE.