Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. General Motors ( GM) pushed the Automotive industry lower today making it today's featured Automotive laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.6%. By the end of trading, General Motors fell 59 cents (-2.2%) to $26.51 on average volume. Throughout the day, 13.7 million shares of General Motors exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10.7 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $26.33-$27.04 after having opened the day at $27.02 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.10. Other companies within the Automotive industry that declined today were: Dorman Products ( DORM), down 10.1%, Tesla Motors ( TSLA), down 8.8%, Winnebago Industries ( WGO), down 6.3%, and China Automotive Systems ( CAAS), down 4.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full General Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.