Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Anadarko Petroleum ( APC) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 3%. By the end of trading, Anadarko Petroleum fell $3.76 (-4.5%) to $80.37 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4.7 million shares of Anadarko Petroleum exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $80.29-$83.75 after having opened the day at $83.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $84.13. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Harvest Natural Resources ( HNR), down 40.5%, Methes Energies International ( MEIL), down 17.9%, GMX Resources ( GMXR), down 14.9%, and General Steel Holdings ( GSI), down 13.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Anadarko Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.