- During the past 30 months, MoneyGram has added 100,000 agent locations
- Since 2007, MoneyGram has more than doubled its network
- In 2012, MoneyGram added more than 43,000 agent locations
- In 2012, MoneyGram crossed the 20,000 location milestone in Africa
- In 2012, MoneyGram post office agent relationships grew to nearly 30 globally
- In 2012, MoneyGram network in the U.S. grew to approximately 50,000 locations
“Innovation is a priority for us and a driving force in attracting new agents to MoneyGram,” said Patsley. “Agents are coming to MoneyGram for our products and the level of personal service and support they receive from our entire organization. This strength distinguishes MoneyGram as a leader in the global financial services industry.”MoneyGram’s growth strategy also includes aligning with post offices to provide consumers with convenient access to reliable and affordable money transfer services close to where they live and work. In 2012, it added some of the world’s major post office organizations, including post offices in Bulgaria, India, and Iceland. Other postal systems that offer MoneyGram services include Canada, Italy, Jamaica, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Moldova, Poland, U.K. and Ukraine. About MoneyGram MoneyGram, a leading money transfer company, enables consumers who are not fully served by traditional financial institutions to meet their financial needs. MoneyGram offers bill payment services in the United States and Canada and money transfer services worldwide through a global network of more than 310,000 agent locations – including retailers, international post offices and financial institutions – in 197 countries and territories. To learn more about money transfer or bill payment at an agent location or online, please visit moneygram.com or connect with us on Facebook.