Today Breadcrumb released Breadcrumb 1.4, an update to its iPad point-of-sale (POS) app for restaurants and bars. Breadcrumb 1.4 makes it easier for businesses to keep track of inventory counts, take delivery orders and apply and monitor tips.
Breadcrumb released Breadcrumb 1.4, an update to its iPad point-of-sale (POS) app for restaurants and bars. Breadcrumb 1.4 makes it easier for businesses to keep track of inventory counts, take delivery orders and apply and monitor tips. (Photo: Business Wire)Update 1.4 simplifies daily operations with improvements shaped by conversations with hundreds of merchants and insights gained from more than 10 million menu items sold via Breadcrumb. Unlike users of outdated POS systems, saddled with infrequent, costly and complex updates, Breadcrumb clientele benefit from free, frequent and seamless upgrades. Highlights of Breadcrumb 1.4 include: Added Inventory Management
- Enables seamless uploading of new and existing menu items and inventory counts to all Breadcrumb terminals
- Displays how much is left of a specific menu item – ideal for venues with large but limited wine lists or daily fish specials
- Facilitates easier tracking of food costs
- Integrates Caller ID functionality without any additional hardware (Aloha and MICROS require extra $100 - $1000 device)
- Faster phone order entry: automatically pulls up a customer’s address and saves in the system for future use
- Empowers users to import/export customer data
- Prints recommended tip amounts on receipts
- Permits venues to track declared server tips to aid with compliance
- Adds an automatic gratuity based on party size
Businesses interested in learning more about Breadcrumb and signing up for the service can visit http://www.breadcrumbpos.com.Breadcrumb is a division of Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN). “Breadcrumb” and “Groupon” are registered trademarks of Groupon, Inc. All other names used may be trademarks of their respective holders. About Breadcrumb Founded in New York City in January 2011 by a team of restaurant industry veterans, Breadcrumb is an easy-to-use, powerful and affordable iPad POS for food and beverage businesses. Breadcrumb removes the complexities, costs and headaches of antiquated POS systems. Plans start as low as $99 per month and include free installation and 24/7 phone and email support. Businesses interested in learning more about Breadcrumb and signing up for the service can visit http://www.breadcrumbpos.com. About Groupon Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN) is a global leader in local commerce, making it easy for people around the world to search and discover great businesses at unbeatable prices. Groupon is reinventing the traditional small business world by providing merchants with a suite of products and services, including customizable deal campaigns, credit card payments processing capabilities and point-of-sale solutions to help them attract more customers and run their operations more effectively. By leveraging the company’s global relationships and scale, Groupon offers consumers incredible deals on the best stuff to eat, see, do, and buy in 48 countries. With Groupon, shoppers discover the best a city has to offer with Groupon Local, enjoy vacations with Groupon Getaways, and find a curated selection of electronics, fashion, home furnishings and more with Groupon Goods. To subscribe to Groupon emails, visit http://www.groupon.com. To learn more about the company’s merchant solutions and how to work with Groupon, visit http://www.GrouponWorks.com.