"Our pledge to warfighters is to meet cost and schedule commitments on every program; to make smart use of technology to increase system performance and reliability, and to ensure, through intelligent, cradle-to-grave logistics, that they remain ready to perform their mission at all times," he said.The FoS presented in Northrop Grumman's display includes seven major elements:
- Information, surveillance and reconnaissance: Airborne, surface and spaceborne platforms that use sensors to collect and disseminate data.
- Communications: Line-of-sight or beyond-line-of-sight systems that enable information sharing across the battlespace.
- Battle management command and control: Systems that convert raw data to knowledge and use that knowledge to direct battlefield activities.
- Electronic attack and cyber: Systems that produce desired effects through electronic means (jamming, etc.).
- Long-range strike: Weapon systems that include conventional stand-off bombers and stealthier, longer-range bombers that can penetrate deeply into enemy territory and deliver large amounts of precision weapons.
- Weapons: Long-range weapons that extend the effective range of delivery platforms, thereby protecting them against lethal defensive threats.
- Air power practitioner:Coordinates and helps synchronize the operations of the other six FoS components.
CONTACT: Brooks McKinney, APR 310-331-6610 (office) 310-864-3785 (mobile) firstname.lastname@example.org