- Visa Press Briefing: Monday, February 25, 4:30 p.m. CET, Hall 6 - Stand 6E40Visa mobile initiatives are scheduled to be announced during the press briefing. The event will be streamed live and can be accessed through the following link: http://livestre.am/1hLDm.
- Visa Mobile Payments Demos: Monday-Thursday, during show hours, Hall 6 - Booth 6E40Visa’s product showcase will provide attendees with an around-the-world experience of Visa mobile payments and financial services already available and soon to come in countries worldwide.
- NFC Mobile Payment Experience: Visa has partnered with Telefonica, La Caixa and the GSMA to provide select Mobile World Congress attendees with a hands-on mobile payments experience. For more information visit: www.mobileworldcongress.com/nfc-at-mwc/.
- Building the Ecosystem for NFC Services: Monday, February 25, 2:00 p.m. CET, Hall 4, Conference Village, Auditorium 3 – NFC services are continuing to be rolled-out by mobile operators, payment providers and handset manufacturers across the world. Bill Gajda, Head of Global Mobile Products for Visa Inc., and other industry experts will discuss the current state of NFC.
- Retail Therapy; Enhancing the Shopping Experience through Mobile: Wednesday, February 27, 4 p.m. CET, Hall 4 – Conference Village – Auditorium 3 – From customer engagement on-device and online to driving footfall and innovation in-store, mobile is revolutionising the retail experience. Sandra Alzetta, Senior Vice President of Mobile for Visa Europe, and industry experts will discuss the latest uses of mobile technology in the retail environment.
- Visa and GSMA to Launch mWomen Research, Tuesday, February 26, 12:00 p.m. CET, Hall 4 - Conference Village, Room CC1 – 1.5) –Visa and GSMA will release a new five-country study, “Unlocking the Potential: Women and Mobile Financial Services in Emerging Markets,” offering insights on how mobile financial services can better support the complex financial lives of women at the base of the pyramid. Aletha Ling, Chief Operating Officer of Fundamo, a Visa company, will join a panel of mobile money experts to discuss the findings from Indonesia, Kenya, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea and Tanzania during a seminar keynoted by Cherie Blair, Founder, The Cherie Blair Foundation for Women.
|Elvira Swanson, Visa Inc.||Eleanor Orebi Gann, Visa Europe|
|+1 (650) 504-4537||+44 (743) 576-4482,|