- Polycom® RealPresence® Collaboration Server (RMX® 1500 and 2000), software for multiparty video and voice collaboration that connects the most people at highest quality and lowest cost. The RealPresence Collaboration Server is a key component of the Polycom RealPresence Platform software infrastructure.
- Polycom® RealPresence® Room video collaboration systems ( Polycom® HDX® 6000, 7000, and 8000) and the Polycom HDX 4500 executive desktop video system.
- Polycom® VVX® 500 business media phones that improve productivity by simplifying communication processes and business workflows. The media phones can be video-enabled when used with the Polycom® VVX® Camera.
- The Polycom® SoundPoint® IP series desktop phones (SoundPoint 450, 550, 560, and 650).
- Lonza, one of the world's leading suppliers to the pharmaceutical, healthcare and life science industries, uses Polycom and Microsoft solutions to implement a more flexible working environment for its 11,000 staff across 90 sites so employees can work more effectively away from the office and securely join video meetings from home or on the move.
- UK-based global technology firm Smiths Group PLC uses Microsoft and Polycom at 400 locations in over 50 countries, creating a virtual link for over 23,000 employees. Smiths is also using Polycom RealPresence Mobile 2.0 app for mobile staff using tablets and smartphones to extend video collaboration beyond the office to virtually anywhere.
- LOTOS Group, a major producer and supplier of oil products across Poland and abroad, has equipped its 5,000 employees with a combined Polycom and Microsoft UC&C solution to encourage knowledge sharing company-wide.
- University of the West of England, one of the largest universities in the UK with 30,000 student and 3,000 staff spread over four campuses, uses the Polycom and Microsoft interoperable solution to enable distance learning among the faculty of UWE and other institutions and students. For example, when an international college in Asia is running a master's program associated with UWE and a student wants an interview with his or her tutor, they connect over video.
- Belfast Health and Social Care Trust, with 17,000 healthcare staff serving 340,000 people in Northern Ireland, uses Microsoft and Polycom to deliver care closer to where it’s needed, saving time and helping to save lives. The interoperable solutions allow healthcare professionals to make decisions faster and more efficiently.
Continuing commitment to Microsoft allianceLast month, Polycom announced its intent to acquire Sentri, Inc., a leading provider of advanced services with expertise in Microsoft technologies (including Lync), UC&C, video collaboration, cloud services and networking. Sentri is Gold certified by Microsoft in communications, messaging, portals and collaboration, and desktop technology; Microsoft Premier Support for Lync™ Partners (PSLP) certified; and has two Microsoft Certified Master engineers. Sentri’s deep expertise integrating Microsoft Lync with Polycom solutions is a key element of the acquisition. Availability All Lync 2010-interoperable Polycom video and voice solutions and the RealPresence Content Sharing Suite are available today. Polycom intends to deliver the new Lync room system in 2H 2013. For more information about today’s news and the overall Polycom and Microsoft relationship, please visit www.polycom.com/Microsoft. To view a video about Polycom and Microsoft, please click here. Demonstrations Polycom will be demonstrating its interoperable solutions in booth #2 as a platinum sponsor of the Microsoft Lync 2013 Conference, February 19-21, 2013, in San Diego, CA. Polycom will showcase solutions including:
- An early look at the new Polycom room system for Lync 2013
- Polycom RealPresence Content Sharing Suite
- Polycom® RealPresence® video and voice solutions for Lync (including the Polycom HDX 4500 and Polycom VVX business media phones)
- Vertical applications for Lync (such as the Polycom® HDX® Practitioner Cart solution for healthcare environments)
- Polycom® RealPresence® video content management for Lync (including the Polycom® RealPresence® Media Manager solution)
- “Polycom: Integrating Traditional Video with Microsoft Lync,” Tuesday, February 19, 2-3:15pm, Windsor Complex. Polycom will discuss how customers can leverage existing video assets to extend collaboration beyond the desktop.
- “Lync 2013 Video Conferencing & Interoperability,” Thursday, February 21, 9-10:15am, Ballroom. Attendees will learn about advances in video technologies, such as Scalable Video Coding, which Lync 2013 leverages to dramatically improve the conferencing experience.
© 2013 Polycom, Inc. All rights reserved. POLYCOM®, the Polycom logo, and the names and marks associated with Polycom’s products are trademarks and/or service marks of Polycom, Inc. and are registered and/or common law marks in the United States and various other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.This release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 regarding future events, including statements regarding the features and functionality of the new solutions, Polycom’s intent to deliver the new solutions in the second half of 2013, and Polycom’s intent to acquire Sentri, Inc. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ materially, including the parties satisfying the closing conditions to acquire Sentri; the impact of competition on our product sales and for our customers and partners; the impact of increased competition due to consolidation in our industry or competition from companies that are larger or that have greater resources than we do; our ability to bring our new products and offerings to market in a timely manner due to engineering, manufacturing or other delays; changing market demands; potential fluctuations in results and future growth rates; risks associated with general economic conditions and external market factors; the market acceptance of our products and changing market demands, including demands for differing technologies or product and services offerings; our ability to successfully integrate our acquisitions into our business; possible delays in the development, availability and shipment of new products; increasing costs and differing uses of capital; changes in key personnel that may cause disruption to the business; our inability to achieve the expected results from adjustments being made to our expense profile; the impact of restructuring actions; and the impact of global conflicts and changing laws that may adversely impact our business. Many of these risks and uncertainties are discussed in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2012, and in other reports filed by Polycom with the SEC. Polycom disclaims any intent or obligations to update these forward-looking statements.