INTERXION HOLDING N.V. (NYSE:INXN), a leading European provider of carrier-neutral colocation data centre services, today announced the construction of its second data centre in Stockholm (“STO 2”) and expansions to its Frankfurt 6 data centre (“FRA 6.3”) and Copenhagen 1 data centre (“CPH1”). These builds are part of the company’s disciplined expansion approach to meet customer demand across its pan-European footprint. In Scandinavia:
- Interxion is constructing its second data centre in Stockholm (STO 2) in two phases, each providing 500 square metres of equipped space. The first 500 square metre phase is scheduled to be operational in the second quarter of 2013 and Interxion has secured 2MW of customer available power to support the first phase.
- Interxion is expanding its CPH 1 data centre to meet the needs of the Danish market. The remotely tethered expansion will provide 300 square metres of equipped space and is scheduled to be operational in the second quarter of 2013.
- Interxion is expanding its FRA 6 data centre by 600 square metres of equipped space and will access existing customer power, with additional power available for a subsequent power expansion. FRA 6.3 is scheduled to be operational in the first quarter of 2013. Capital expenditures associated with FRA 6.3 are approximately €5 million.
Interxion is also providing updates on the status of its previously announced construction projects:
- AMS 5.4 (Amsterdam): 1,000 square metres were opened in Q4 2012.
- ZUR 1.3 (Zurich): 600 square metres were opened in Q4 2012.
- LON 2 (London): The final 400 square metres were opened in Q1 2013.
- MAD 2 (Madrid): 200 square metres were opened in 4Q 2012 due to customer demand for early opening. The remaining 600 square metres are scheduled to open in 1Q 2013.
- PAR 7 (Paris): The remaining 2,500 square metres are scheduled to open by the end of Q1 2013.