- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 110.91% to $3.99 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TUTOR PERINI CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 34.32%.
- TPC, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 12.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.7%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for TUTOR PERINI CORP is currently extremely low, coming in at 11.80%. Regardless of TPC's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, TPC's net profit margin of 3.87% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Construction & Engineering industry and the overall market, TUTOR PERINI CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE.