In addition to distance learning, ENMU uses Mediasite for other groundbreaking higher education initiatives:
- Facilitating a flipped instruction pilot. Faculty are pre-recording their lectures for students to watch prior to class, leaving class time dedicated to dynamic discussions and interactions.
- Creating hybrid classes. Students in the classrooms and online interact simultaneously via live webcasts of the lecture.
- Branching out into asynchronous distance learning. This occurs when the teacher and students interact in different places at different times.
- Helping high school students earn college credits. New Mexico’s Dual Enrollment program allows high school students to take college classes, either on campus or online, to earn high school and college credit.
- Recording special events and guest speakers. The campus provides professional development online, connecting alumni and more.
Fanelli Ayala will present the free webinar “From Flipped Classroom to Duel Enrollment: How ENMU Achieved Campus-Wide Capture in 12 Months” at 11 a.m. CT Feb. 19. To register, visit www.sonicfoundry.com/ENMUwebinar.Trusted by more than 1,100 colleges and universities worldwide, the Mediasite webcasting and video content management system quickly and cost-effectively automates the capture, management, delivery and search of live and on-demand streaming videos and rich media presentations. About Sonic Foundry®, Inc. Sonic Foundry (NASDAQ: SOFO) is the trusted market leader for enterprise webcasting solutions, providing video content management and distribution for education, business and government. Powered by the patented Mediasite webcasting platform and webcast services of Mediasite Events, the company empowers people to advance how they share knowledge online, using video webcasts to bridge time and distance, enhance learning outcomes and improve performance. Product and service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of Sonic Foundry, Inc. or their respective owners. Certain statements contained in this news release regarding matters that are not historical facts may be forward-looking statements. Because such forward-looking statements include risks and uncertainties, actual results may differ materially from those expressed in or implied by such forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially include, but are not limited to, uncertainties pertaining to continued market acceptance for Sonic Foundry's products, its ability to succeed in capturing significant revenues from media services and/or systems, the effect of new competitors in its market, integration of acquired business and other risk factors identified from time to time in its filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.