- Normal blood pressure is below 120/80
- Pre-hypertension is 120 to 139 (systolic) and/or 80 to 89 (diastolic)
- Hypertension – also known as high blood pressure -- is 140 or higher (systolic) and 90 or higher (diastolic) on three or more separate recordings.
- Total cholesterol of 200 mg/dL or lower
- HDL ("good" cholesterol) of 50 mg/dL or higher, for women, or 40 mg/dL or higher, for men
- Optimal LDL is 100 or lower
- Triglycerides of less than 150 mg/dL
Book an appointment with your doctor to learn your numbers, risks and steps you can take to ensure your heart health. If any of your numbers is higher than desired, discuss a plan of action to keep them under control.For more information, visit www.amedisys.com. About Amedisys Amedisys, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMED) is a leading health care at home company delivering personalized home health and hospice care to more than 360,000 patients each year. Amedisys is focused on delivering the care that is best for our patients, whether that is home-based recovery and rehabilitation after an operation or injury, care focused on empowering them to manage a chronic disease, palliative care for those with a terminal illness, or hospice care at the end of life. The Company's state-of-the-art advanced chronic care management programs and leading-edge technology enables it to deliver quality care based upon the latest evidence-based best practices. Amedisys is a recognized innovator, being one of the first in the industry to equip its clinicians with point-of-care laptop technology and referring physicians with an internet portal that enables real-time coordination of patient care seamlessly. Amedisys also has the industry's first-ever nationwide Care Transitions program, designed to reduce unnecessary hospital readmissions through patient and caregiver health coaching and care coordination, which starts in the hospital and continues throughout completion of the patient's home health plan of care. For more information about the Company, please visit: http://www.amedisys.com.