- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- Compared to other companies in the Commercial Services & Supplies industry and the overall market, ACCO BRANDS CORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- ACCO's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 13.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 51.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- 35.50% is the gross profit margin for ACCO BRANDS CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -2.35% trails the industry average.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 28.50%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 162.50% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Services & Supplies industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 233.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $9.40 million to -$12.50 million.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE.