- Consolidated net retail sales of $116.1 million represented a 0.7% decrease compared to $117.1 million in the 2011 fourth quarter, excluding the impact of foreign exchange;
- Net retail sales were flat despite closing ten stores in 2012 and excluding the benefits from adjustments to deferred revenue related to the Company’s loyalty program, which totaled $0.5 million and $1.5 million in the fourth quarter of 2012 and 2011, respectively;
- Consolidated comparable store sales decreased 1.7% which included a 1.5% increase in North America and an 11.4% decrease in Europe. The six stores that feature the Company’s newly imagined store design had increased sales of 30%;
- Consolidated e-commerce sales increased 14.0%, excluding the impact of foreign exchange;
- Net loss for the 2012 fourth quarter was $2.23 per share and included a $33.7 million, or $2.06 per share non-cash charge to impair the goodwill associated with the Company’s UK business. Net loss for the 2011 fourth quarter was $0.56 per share and included a $15.6 million, or $0.93 per share non-cash charge related to a valuation allowance against net deferred tax assets; and
- Adjusted earnings per diluted share were $0.13 per share compared to adjusted earnings per diluted share of $0.34 in the 2011 fourth quarter (See Reconciliation of Net Income (Loss) to Adjusted Net Income (Loss)).
Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. (NYSE: BBW), an interactive entertainment retailer, today reported results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended December 29, 2012. Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2012 Highlights: