- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 18.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- AG's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.04 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, AG has a quick ratio of 2.05, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for FIRST MAJESTIC SILVER CORP is rather high; currently it is at 67.10%. Regardless of AG's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, AG's net profit margin of 39.11% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $26.27 million or 25.50% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Reflecting the weaknesses we have cited, including the decline in the company's earnings per share, AG has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 6.33% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE.