Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Fifth Third Bancorp ( FITB) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Fifth Third Bancorp fell 45 cents (-2.7%) to $16.11 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 16.5 million shares of Fifth Third Bancorp exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.8 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $16.05-$16.55 after having opened the day at $16.53 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.56. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: MPG Office ( MPG), down 18%, Royal Bancshares of Pennsylvania ( RBPAA), down 8.9%, National Bank of Greece ( NBG), down 7.9%, and Central Federal ( CFBK), down 6.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Fifth Third Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.