Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Agnico-Eagle Mines ( AEM) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Agnico-Eagle Mines fell 60 cents (-1.3%) to $44.10 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of Agnico-Eagle Mines exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $43.98-$45.52 after having opened the day at $44.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.70. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Cliffs Natural Resources ( CLF), down 20%, Torch Energy Royalty ( TRU), down 17.5%, Zion Oil & Gas ( ZN), down 13.8%, and Coeur D'Alene Mines Corporation ( CDE), down 10.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Agnico-Eagle Mines Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.