Sonus Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: SONS), a global leader in SIP communications, today announced that Ibercom, a leading telecommunications provider in Spain, has selected the Sonus SBC 5200 to secure its network border, enable enterprise SIP trunking and provide SIP interconnect to carrier partners. The selection of Sonus supports Ibercom’s expansion to offer mobile voice network services to its 20,000 subscribers across Spain. Ibercom leverages Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) to deliver a wide range of telecommunication services to enterprises across Spain and sought an Session Border Controller solution to augment the security of its voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) border, enable the provisioning of cost-efficient SIP trunking for enterprise customers and reduce operating costs by normalizing SIP interconnection traffic to carrier partners. Following a rigorous lab evaluation, Ibercom found that the SBC 5200 not only met all the defined requirements and beat competitors in test scenarios, but Ibercom also believes that the superior performance and capacity of the Sonus solution could facilitate the delivery of new mobile voice services, which Ibercom has made foundational to the future growth of the company. Ibercom’s selection of Sonus represents the first professional engagement between both firms. The SBC 5200 addresses the next-generation needs of SIP communications by delivering embedded media transcoding, robust security and advanced call routing in a high-performance, small form-factor device. The Sonus SBC portfolio is the fastest growing on the market and the SBC 5200 features industry leading performance and session capacity with 64,000 sessions on a single server. Quotes: “We chose the Sonus SBC 5200 because it delivered the best performance in competitive testing,” said Olivier Chico, Head of Interconnection, Ibercom. “The SBC 5200 provides the greatest amount of versatility to support our company’s future growth into delivering mobile voice services. We see Sonus as a valued partner for the future.”
“Forward-thinking service providers in EMEA, like Ibercom, are quickly moving to take advantage of the benefits that SIP offers in reducing their costs, while enabling them to deliver new revenue-generating services and improved quality to their customers,” said Serge Adam, vice president, EMEA at Sonus. “We believe that the Sonus SBC portfolio is proving that it is the reliable choice for service providers and enterprises looking to expand their business opportunities, while protecting their legacy investments.”Other Facts:
- Ibercom offers telephony, Internet and data center services exclusively to businesses.
- Ibercom (www.ibercom.com) was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in San Sebastián, Spain with data centers in Madrid and San Sebastián
- Ibercom (ICOM) is quoted on MAB, the Spanish market for small cap companies.
- Sonus is positioned in the Leaders quadrant of the “Magic Quadrant for Session Border Controllers,” published October 9, 2012 by Gartner, Inc.
- The SBC 5200 has been performance verified by Miercom. As part of the testing, the SBC 5200 successfully registered 256,000 user authenticated IADs in 16 minutes at a rate of 550 registrations per second during a simulated metro area outage and recovery scenario. To access the Miercom report, visit www.sonus.net/miercom.
- Sonus has been the fastest-growing SBC vendor in the service provider market since 2011 with an industry leading 19 share point gain since 1Q’11 (source: Infonetics Service Provider and IMS VoIP Equipment and Subscribers,” 3Q12 report)
- The Sonus SBC 5100 and SBC 5200 are qualified with Microsoft Lync Server 2010
- Sonus recently published the first-edition of the Session Border Controllers For Dummies® reference book in partnership with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The SBC 5200 received the “2012 NGN Leadership Award” presented by the TMC publications INTERNET TELEPHONY and Next Gen Mobility
- Download a complimentary copy of Session Border Controllers For Dummies, Sonus Special Edition by John Wiley & Sons, Inc., the publisher of the For Dummies® book series
- Sonus SBC 5100 Session Border Controller: Product information and resources
- Sonus SBC 5200 Session Border Controller: Product information and resources
About Sonus Networks:Sonus helps the world's leading communications service providers and enterprises embrace the next generation of SIP-based solutions including VoIP, video and Unified Communications through secure, reliable and scalable IP networks. With customers around the globe and 15 years of experience transforming networks to IP, Sonus has enabled service providers and enterprises to capture and retain users and generate significant ROI. Sonus products include session border controllers, policy/routing servers, subscriber feature servers and media and signaling gateways. Sonus products are supported by a global services team with experience in design, deployment and maintenance of some of the world's largest and most complex IP networks. For more information, visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS. About Ibercom: IBERCOM (World Wide WEB Ibercom) is an independent telecommunications provider which centers its core activity around the sale and distribution of Internet services, Date Center and telecommunications. It currently has more than 14.000 clients. Its business model is sustained, fundamentally, by four pillars, each one of them includes different technological solutions: Internet Data Center, traditional Voice services, IP telephony, and both Internet and private connectivity. Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements: The information in this release may contain certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. Although Sonus believes that its expectations are based on reasonable assumptions, readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this report are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus’ business, please refer to the “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations” and “Risk Factors” sections of Sonus’ filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus' views only as of the date on which such statement is made, and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus' views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so, except as required by law.