- Baselining of performance in the lab under ideal and simulated real-world conditions.
- Assessing real-world performance by introducing background traffic, interference and other variables.
- Replicating live network conditions to isolate and address problems prior to product release.
- Range and roaming validation using programmable step attenuators to move devices away from and between access points in a controlled fashion.
- Coexistence / interoperability testing by evaluating devices with multiple APs and mobile clients.
- Application performance / Quality of Experience assessment through generation of voice, video and data traffic to and from the devices using Ixia endpoints.
“Wi-Fi is no longer a ‘nice to have,’ and more enterprises, health professionals and consumers depend on reliable Wi-Fi for everyday activities,” said Joseph Zeto, director of product marketing for Ixia. “Ixia solutions are recognized as the gold standard for optimizing application delivery over Wi-Fi, and we continue to leverage this expertise and introduce comprehensive new standards for validating Wi-Fi enabled mobile devices.”For additional information about Wi-Fi device testing and performance with Ixia, please visit www.wifidevicetest.ixiacom.com/ or download our whitepaper on actionable insight into Wi-Fi device performance testing. Ixia will also showcase Wi-Fi test and performance solutions at the 2013 Mobile World Congress, Feb. 25–28 in Barcelona, Spain. Please visit us at booth No. 6C91 for more information. About Ixia Ixia solutions deliver actionable insight through real-time monitoring, real-world testing and rapid assessment. This visibility provides organizations with a complete understanding into user behavior, security vulnerabilities, network capacity, application performance and IT resiliency. From the lab to the network to the cloud, Ixia solutions enable its customers to optimize networks and data centers to accelerate, secure and scale application delivery. For more information, visit www.ixiacom.com.