Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR) announced today that F-Secure Internet Security 2013, which powers Frontier Secure Max Security, received the Best Protection Award by the AV-TEST Institute, an independent supplier IT Security and Antivirus Research services focused on the detection and analysis of the latest malicious software. F-Secure Internet Security 2013 ranked second and third in usability and repair, respectively. In a separate test, PCWorld gave Frontier Secure Max Security’s provider, F-Secure Internet Security 2013, 4.5 out of 5 stars, calling it “first-rate protection” with a "user-friendly interface" and a "quick, painless installation." In PCWorld’s real-world attack test, F-Secure Internet Security 2013 completely blocked 100 percent of attacks. In addition, its scanning speeds took second place in both “on-demand (manual) scan tests (1 minute, 16 seconds) and on-access (automatic) scans (3 minutes, 50 seconds).” Frontier Secure Max Security provides vital benefits to consumers, including:
- Detecting and eliminating viruses, spyware, and other malware for up to three computers
- Blocking hackers with firewall protection
- Protecting against fraud and 'phishing'
- Offering personalized parental controls that let you decide when and where your kids surf
- Guarding against dangerous downloads and sharing of unwanted personal information
- Authenticating the shopping sites you know and love