- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Auto Components industry. The net income increased by 7964.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1.20 million to $96.53 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.67, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.09, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $34.84 million or 13.58% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, REMY INTERNATIONAL INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 43.17%.
- The gross profit margin for REMY INTERNATIONAL INC is rather low; currently it is at 21.40%. Regardless of REMY's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, REMY's net profit margin of 34.79% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- REMY has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 18.15% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE.