- Phase 3: Part One testing was performed in the 700 MHz Band 14 spectrum which supports broadband for public safety.
- Motorola was able to support interoperability at both S1-Mobility Management Entity (MME) and S1-User (U) interfaces utilizing its RAN and EPC with the three network vendors. The interconnectivity of both the RAN and EPC demonstrated Motorola’s solution to support open network architecture under the 3 rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) standards.
- Motorola also successfully completed network drive testing, demonstrating the performance of a single LTE network in an operational environment. Motorola successfully tested intra-LTE handoffs, network coverage, network load and stress, and application messaging/protocol performance.
- Motorola’s UM1000 LTE USB Modem was selected by the PSCR test team to be the device of choice for all interoperability over-the-air and drive testing.
- Motorola and Ericsson in September 2010 entered an alliance to provide an LTE-based solution for Next Generation Public Safety broadband communications. Ericsson is providing its industry-leading LTE access equipment as well as parts of its packet core and related services to deliver broadband multimedia services to public safety.
- Ericsson, the world leader in telecommunications technology and services, is leading the way in the rollout of LTE and has been driving open standards. As the world’s leader in mobile broadband, including LTE, Ericsson provides the benefit of global scale economies and proven performance across a large, globally deployed LTE base.
Bo-Erik Dahlstrom, head of National Security and Public Safety, Ericsson Inc.“Completing the PSCR Phase 3 testing successfully highlights Ericsson’s commitment to and the benefit of the standards-based architecture of Public Safety LTE technology, while providing leading edge broadband capabilities to FirstNet and Public Safety Users. With our partner, Motorola, it is gratifying to support these first steps toward a nationwide, interoperable network under FirstNet’s charter.” SUPPORTING RESOURCES Website: Next Generation Public Safety Portal White Paper: Real-World LTE Performance for Public Safety Twitter: @MotPublicSafety Facebook: Motorola Public Safety About Motorola Solutions Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our media center or subscribe to our news feed. MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2013 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.