- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- NJR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 6.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$44.97 million or 41.95% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, NEW JERSEY RESOURCES CORP's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 69.76%.
- NEW JERSEY RESOURCES CORP's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NEW JERSEY RESOURCES CORP reported lower earnings of $2.23 versus $2.44 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.60 versus $2.23).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Gas Utilities industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 5.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $57.36 million to $60.21 million.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE.