mPowering Action incentivizes youth to learn and engage through two popular mediums: the universal language of music and the ubiquity of the mobile phone. Bringing together A-list artists from around the world, a mobile application was developed by Tribal Brands that will offer young people everywhere exclusive content from globally recognized artists, as well as athletes and other celebrities, in exchange for a story or personal commitment to take action in one of five issue areas:
- Education – especially as it relates to young women and girls;
- Health inclusive of maternal health, vaccinations, HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria;
- Reproductive and Sexual Rights;
- Energy Scarcity, Climate Change and Resource Management; and
- Jobs, Apprenticeships and Workforce development.