- Fourth quarter net income increased sharply to $2.1 million, or $0.51 per diluted share, from $1.3 million, or $0.33 per diluted share, in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Achieved record annual net income of $8.1 million in 2012, an increase of 33% from $6.1 million in 2011. On a per diluted share basis, net income was $1.95 compared with $1.49 in the prior year period.
- Net interest income increased 6.9% in 2012 over 2011.
- Return on average equity improved to 11.20% in 2012 compared with 9.17% in 2011.
- Credit quality continued to improve in the fourth quarter. The ratio of non-performing loans and leases to total loans and leases decreased from 2.60% to 1.41% year over year.
Evans Bancorp, Inc. (the “Company” or “Evans”) (NYSE MKT: EVBN), a community financial services company serving Western New York since 1920, today reported its results of operations for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2012. HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2012 FOURTH QUARTER AND YEAR-END