- The infrastructure and residential sectors were the main drivers of demand in most of our markets.
- Operating earnings before other expenses, net, in the fourth quarter increased by 26%, to US$285 million, from the comparable period in 2011 and increased by 35%, to US$1.3 billion, for the full-year 2012.
- Operating EBITDA increased during the fourth quarter by 13% and increased 10% for the full-year 2012.
- Operating EBITDA margin grew by 1.9 and 2.0 percentage points during the quarter and the full year 2012, respectively, on a year-over-year basis.
- Free cash flow after maintenance capital expenditures for the quarter was US$228 million, down 40% compared with US$379 million in the same quarter of 2011.
CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V. ("CEMEX") (NYSE: CX), announced today that for the full year 2012, operating EBITDA increased by 10% to US$2.6 billion, with net sales reaching US$15.0 billion a decline of 2% on a year-over-year basis. During the fourth quarter, operating EBITDA increased by 13% to US$611 million while net sales were stable at US$3.7 billion. CEMEX’s Consolidated Fourth-Quarter and Full-Year 2012 Financial and Operational Highlights