LOS ANGELES, Feb. 6, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sport Chalet, Inc. (Nasdaq:SPCHA) (Nasdaq:SPCHB), a leading operator of full-service, specialty sporting goods stores, today announced its financial results for the third quarter and nine months ended December 30, 2012. Summary
- Recent growth in comparable store sales and profitability plateaued as warm weather and a continuing trend for consumers to postpone holiday shopping negatively impacted the third quarter of fiscal 2013;
- Net loss was $1.9 million compared to a net loss of $1.0 million in the third quarter of the prior year;
- Comparable store sales decreased 0.7% for the quarter ended December 30, 2012 compared to the same period last year;
- Team Sales Division sales increased 17.9% from the third quarter of last year;
- Online sales increased 32.6% from the third quarter of last year; and
- Fourth quarter comparable store sales through the five weeks ended February 3, 2013 increased 20.3%.