- Revenue for the fourth quarter of 2012 was $100.7 million, compared with $130.8 million for the same quarter one year ago. Revenue for the full year 2012 was $436.2 million, compared with $465.5 million for the full year 2011.
- Net loss in the fourth quarter of 2012 was $5.9 million, compared with net income of $10.6 million in the fourth quarter of 2011. Net income for the full year 2012 was $17.3 million, compared with $40.2 million for the same period in 2011.
- Quarterly loss per share was ($0.21), compared with earnings per share of $0.38 in the fourth quarter last year. Full-year earnings per share were $0.61, compared with $1.44 last year. The Q4 and full year results include the negative impact of $0.22 and $0.27, respectively, from restructuring the Defense & Security business and the inclusion of Evolution Robotics, acquired on October 1, 2012.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the fourth quarter of 2012 was $1.0 million, compared with $21.3 million in the fourth quarter of 2011. Adjusted EBITDA for the full year 2012 was $52.5 million, compared with $73.0 million for the same period a year ago.
- Full-year domestic Home Robot revenue growth of more than 40 percent, coupled with international revenue growth of 22 percent, drove a 28 percent year-over-year increase in full-year Home Robot revenue. International Home Robot revenue of $239 million comprised 67 percent of total Home Robot 2012 revenue.
- Closed the acquisition of Evolution Robotics (ER) on October 1, 2012. We are on schedule with our integration and ahead of schedule on our planned rollout of ER’s Mint ® floor sweeping robot to our international distributors.
- Received a $7 million order from a foreign government for PackBot ® systems. International sales are expected to contribute roughly one-third of 2013 product revenue in our Defense & Security business unit.
- Received FDA approval for RP-VITA, the first self-navigating communications robot for use in hospitals.
- Our 2013 Home Robot expectations reflect continued strong growth domestically and continuing economic uncertainties in Europe.
|Fiscal Year 2013:|
|Revenue||$480 - $490 million|
|Earnings Per Share||$0.57 - $0.72|
|Adjusted EBITDA||$46 - $52 million|
|Full-Year 2013 BU Revenue:|
|Home Robots||$430 - $435 million|
|Defense & Security Robots||$45 - $55 million|
|Revenue||$98 - $102 million|
|Earnings Per Share||$0.00 - $0.07|
|Adjusted EBITDA||$4 - $6 million|
|Date:||Thursday, February 7, 2013|
|Time:||8:30 a.m. ET|