Separately, Cache announced preliminary unaudited results for the 13-week period ended December 29, 2012:For the fourth quarter of 2012, the 13-week period ended December 29, 2012:
- Net sales are expected to decrease 3.3% to 60.8 million, compared to $62.9 million in the fourth quarter of 2011;
- Comparable store sales are expected to decline 0.7%, compared to the 12.4% increase in the fourth quarter of 2011; and
- Pre-tax loss is currently expected in the range $4.8 - $5.1 million, compared to pretax income of $2.4 million in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Inventory at year end is expected to decline modestly from the prior year end; and
- Cash and marketable securities at year end are expected to decline to approximately $18 million from $26.5 million at the prior year end.