- Fourth quarter same-store revenues and net operating income (NOI) increased 5.6% and 6.2%, respectively, compared to the fourth quarter 2011. During the quarter, physical occupancy averaged 95.7%; annualized turnover was 55.5%; and average revenue per occupied home was $1,645.
- For the full year 2012, same-store revenues and net operating income (NOI) increased 5.5% and 6.4% over 2011, respectively.
- During the fourth quarter, BRE completed the sale of two San Diego apartment communities for a combined gross sales price of $77.0 million. For the full year 2012, the Company sold six communities, including three in which it owned joint venture interests, for aggregate net proceeds to the company of $115.1 million.
- During the fourth quarter, the Company completed construction of Lawrence Station, a 336-home community located in Sunnyvale, California. The project was completed on time and on budget at a total cost of approximately $110.0 million. Also in the fourth quarter, the Company commenced construction of Radius, a 264-unit luxury apartment community located in Redwood City, California, with a projected total cost of $98 million.
- 2013 Core FFO guidance announced in a range of $2.35 to $2.45 per share. Same-store revenue and NOI are expected to increase within the ranges of 3.50% to 4.75% and 3.40% to 5.55%, respectively.
BRE Properties, Inc. (NYSE:BRE), a leading owner, operator and developer of high-quality apartment communities in targeted growth markets in California and Seattle, today reported Core Funds From Operations (Core FFO) of $0.61 per share for the quarter ended December 31, 2012, and $2.39 per share for the year ended December 31, 2012. The per share results reflect an increase of 7.0% and 8.6% compared to the fourth quarter and full year periods in 2011, respectively. Core FFO is used to facilitate comparisons of the Company’s earnings results and excludes certain non-core items that by their nature are not comparable when comparing periods or earnings performance between periods. All per share results are reported on a fully diluted basis. Funds From Operations (FFO) on a per share basis were $0.61 per share for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2012 and $2.19 per share for the year ended December 31, 2012. A reconciliation of FFO and Core FFO can be found in Exhibit C of the Company’s Supplemental Financial Information package. Fourth Quarter, 2012 Highlights and 2013 Outlook