America’s first working toy oven debuted as a turquoise range with a carrying handle and pretend stovetop in 1963. Since then, the EASY-BAKE brand has had a sweet history that spans five decades. Key moments and fun facts about the brand include:
- Twelve EASY-BAKE oven models have been released since 1963, each designed to reflect the colors and oven style of its time. The EASY-BAKE oven has appeared in a variety of colors, including avocado green, harvest gold, pink, purple, and aqua.
- Past EASY-BAKE oven menu items included treats from popular food brands such as Betty Crocker, Kellogg’s Pop-Tarts®, M&M’s®, Dunkin’ Donuts® and OREO®. Not just cakes and cookies, savory EASY-BAKE snacks over time have included popcorn, TV dinners, potato chips, macaroni and cheese, pizza, French fries, and more.
- In 2006, the EASY-BAKE oven was inducted into the National Toy Hall of Fame.
- The EASY-BAKE Ultimate Oven retired the light bulb in 2011 and introduced a way for chefs-in-training to bake up tasty treats using a heating element similar to a conventional oven.
- The EASY-BAKE brand has inspired a number of celebrity chefs and famous fans throughout the years.