- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, MEOH's share price has jumped by 31.91%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 0.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.01 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Despite the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, the company has managed to keep a very strong quick ratio of 2.66, which shows the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- METHANEX CORP has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, METHANEX CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$0.79 versus $2.07 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Chemicals industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 319.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $63.87 million to -$139.85 million.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE.