- $97.5 million in cumulative charitable giving for the year
- $55 million contributed for United Way
- $10 million donated for various international grants, sponsorships and programs
- $9.4 million in local grants across the U.S.
- More than 1.8 million volunteer hours recorded by employees worldwide
- 4,404 non-profit organizations served globally
“Throughout our history, The UPS Foundation has evolved to meet the changing needs of communities across the globe,” said Martinez. “We strongly encourage our employees to support causes that matter to them and we continue to find meaningful ways to give to help build stronger and safer communities.”For more information about UPS’s corporate giving, please visit www.UPS.com/foundation. About The UPS Foundation UPS (NYSE: UPS) is a global leader in logistics, offering a broad range of solutions including the transportation of packages and freight; the facilitation of international trade, and the deployment of advanced technology to more efficiently manage the world of business. Since its founding in 1907, UPS has built a legacy as a caring and responsible corporate citizen, supporting programs that provide long-term solutions to community needs. Founded in 1951, The UPS Foundation, which celebrated its 60 th anniversary in 2011, is responsible for facilitating community involvement to local, national, and global communities. In 2012, UPS and its employees, active and retired, invested more than $97.5 million in charitable giving around the world. The UPS Foundation can be found on the web at UPS.com/foundation. To get UPS news direct, visit pressroom.ups.com/RSS.