E*TRADE today unveiled a new 30-second “Talking Baby” advertisement which will run during the CBS ® television network broadcast of Super Bowl XLVII. View the multimedia assets associated with this press release here: http://smp.businesswire.com/pages/etrade-unveils-super-bowl-xlvii-advertisement.
Photo: E*TRADE Baby "Auction"In the Super Bowl spot, called “Save It”, the E*TRADE Baby demonstrates just how much money is at stake in hidden 401(k) account fees by playing out over-the-top spending sprees that could be paid for with the money spent on fees. In the end, the Baby offers a better idea, “come to E*TRADE, and Save It.” To view E*TRADE’s 2013 Super Bowl spot, “Save It,” visit http://www.youtube.com/etrade. “Grounded in the idea of investor empowerment, we are excited to bring back the E*TRADE Baby with a memorable and iconic ad that encourages investors to take control of their financial futures by avoiding unnecessary expenses,” said Nick Utton, Chief Marketing Officer of E*TRADE Financial Corporation. “We hope this commercial, in addition to our full marketing campaign, serves as a wake-up call for investors to take a serious look at their investments and associated costs, reminding them that E*TRADE can help them achieve their investing and retirement goals for less,” Utton added. The Baby ad is part of a comprehensive new marketing campaign spanning television, print, online, and social media, which will include:
- A second new Baby television spot
- A series of Investing Solutions television commercials, recently launched, to highlight the wide range of investing and retirement solutions available at E*TRADE
- Print and online executions aligned to the etrade.com website
- Online advertising integration with key sites including CNNMoney.com TM, WSJ.com ®, MSN.com TM, Yahoo! ®, Google®, YouTube®, Facebook® and Twitter®
- Fully integrated social media campaign on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Google+. Promotions include: “ Choose Your Favorite E*TRADE Baby Commercial” poll and Big Game Commercial Sneak Peek on Facebook and exclusive “Director’s Cut” content
- Starting this weekend, a premiere of “Save It” will run across approximately 23,000 movie screens nationwide in both the NCM Media Networks’ FirstLook and Screenvision The Limelight pre-show programs
- Over 64 million total views and over 26,000 subscribers on YouTube
- More than 108,000 Facebook Baby and Corporate pages fans
- More than 17,000 Twitter followers
Important Disclosures and Trademark AttributionsE*TRADE FINANCIAL, E*TRADE and the E*TRADE logo are registered trademarks of E*TRADE FINANCIAL Corporation. ETFC-G Super Bowl is a registered trademark of the NFL and is used here for factual purposes only. E*TRADE FINANCIAL Corp. and its affiliates are not affiliated with the Super Bowl. CBS is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. CNNMoney.com is a trademark of Cable News Network, Inc. WSJ.com is a registered trademark of Dow Jones & Company, Inc. MSN.com is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation. Yahoo! is a registered trademark of Yahoo! Inc. Google is a registered trademark of Google, Inc. YouTube is a registered trademark of Google, Inc. Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. Twitter is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc. You must be 18 years of age to open an E*TRADE Securities account. About E*TRADE Financial The E*TRADE Financial family of companies provides financial services including online brokerage and related banking products and services to retail investors. Specific business segments include Trading and Investing and Balance Sheet Management. Securities products and services, including retirement accounts, are offered by E*TRADE Securities LLC (Member FINRA/SIPC).Bank products and services are offered by E*TRADE Bank, a Federal savings bank, Member FDIC, or its subsidiaries. More information is available at www.etrade.com. © 2013 E*TRADE Financial Corporation. All rights reserved. This press release has an accompanying Smart Marketing Page providing further details about the organization, products and services introduced below. You can access the Smart Marketing Page via the following link: http://smp.businesswire.com/pages/etrade-unveils-super-bowl-xlvii-advertisement.