PACCAR declared cash dividends of $1.58 per share during 2012, including a fourth quarter special dividend of $.80 per share. Total dividends declared in 2012 increased by 22 percent compared to 2011. PACCAR has paid a dividend every year since 1941. PACCAR’s total shareholder return was 25.1 percent during 2012.Business Highlights – 2012
- PACCAR delivered 140,400 vehicles worldwide and introduced the Kenworth T680, Peterbilt Model 579 and DAF XF Euro 6.
- PACCAR continued to expand its geographic footprint by beginning construction of a new DAF assembly plant in Brasil, generating record sales in Russia and delivering over 6,000 trucks to the Andean region of South America.
- PACCAR invested $790.3 million in capital projects and research and development.
- PACCAR was ranked 20th in InformationWeek magazine’s 2012 Top 500 company listing.
- The DAF CF85 earned the U.K.’s Motor Transport award for “Fleet Truck of the Year” for the eleventh time.
- The Peterbilt Model 210 and Model 587 earned the American Truck Dealers Medium- and Heavy-Duty Commercial Truck of the Year awards.
- Kenworth Trucks ranked highest in the J.D. Power Heavy Duty Dealer Service Customer Satisfaction Study sm* for the second consecutive year.
- Leyland Trucks was honored with the Manufacturing Leadership Award for Operational Excellence in the annual Manufacturing Excellence Awards.
- PACCAR has implemented 19,300 Six Sigma projects since 1997.